Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

How does the upper panel come out to access the filter

Customer Question

How does the upper panel come out to access the filter housing in my WRF989SDAM00 Whirlpool French Door fridge?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. The door clicks open and closed by pushing up on the front of the door. It has the part you will see in this link that snaps together one way and opens to release the other way. If it fails you will beed to force the door down and replace the catch part number,(###) ###-####/p>

Link to catch picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dave, but I was in need of removing the entire upper panel not just the latch as you showed in the picture. Don't worry though, while I was waiting for a reply I was able to figure out that there was two screws and some "snap" connectors holding it all in place.

Yes, glad you got it. It almost makes you think something is going to break before the snaps come loose but it works.