Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My temp gage is re ajusting on it's own. The fridge has

Customer Question

My temp gage is re ajusting on it's own. The fridge has dropped to 28 degrees and freezer 6 degrees . I have increased the temp using the arrow keys and it continues to stay at those temps. I have arrowed until they were both in " OFF " mode, but with no success.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, so the display is going goofy all on its own correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just noticed things were freezing in the fridge. Freezer is at 6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridge is staying at 28 degrees regardless of adjustments

OK can you adjust it though on the display?

This sounds like the control is broken and not working. The issue is there are not many parts available for this unit. None of the controls are and there are only a few limited parts you can even get. I do not thing this will be repairable after looking at the parts that are not available as there is not much left for this. It sounds like the main temp control is stuck on and the unit will then just run as the temp controller is not turning off. When that happens this will start to freeze things in the refrigerator, the issue is the part has been obsolete for years and I can not find one anywhere. I am sorry please do not kill the messenger.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please use the star rating link on your page to rate my service. This will allow you to get directly back to me for FREE followup questions anytime and tips are greatly appreciated thank you!