MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Have a SGV56C dishwasher. It will not fill with water. When

Customer Question

I'm Stu
We have a SGV56C dishwasher. It will not fill with water.
When we run the test cycle the code C1
comes on with the power scrub and regular wash held down. With the power scrub and wash released code PO shows.
When the cancel and drain is pressed it will cancel time and pump out what little water is in it 5 time then shuts off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Control codes are particular to model C0-C4 yours is a C1 control, With unit turned off and fascia removed and module exposed, there are six buttons. Ignore the first button under display and label remaining buttons from left to right S1 S2 S3 S4 and S5. The leds above each button label L1 L2 L3 L4 and L5. Enter coding mode as follows:

Press and hold buttons S2 S3 S4 and S5 simultaneously, then turn dishwasher on using on/off switch. When in coding mode leds L2 L3 L4 and L5 will be blinking.

Release buttons S2 S3 S4 and S5 to view control coding in display. To change control coding, press button S2 as needed to scroll through codes. Your model is C1 or 21.

Turn dishwasher off to save control coding and exit mode. Reinstall control to console. Reinstall fascia. Check operation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 9 buttons under fascia, 3 left of led display 6 on right. Far left not used and far right not used.
Leaving 7 buttons, 2 left and 5 right. Ignoring first on left, makes S1 and S2 on left of led display and S3, S4 and
S5 right of led display. Holding down S2,S3,S4 and S5, turning on dishwasher, still holding S2 to S5, dispay shows
1h thru 19h then 0h. Releasing S-2 thru S5 display indicates power wash with 167 min.
No blinking leds, no control code in dispay. What next?7

Stu I have to step away let me open this up to others to assist you.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Get a voltmeter and simply see if the water valve is getting power or not when it should be filling. IF you have power to it then the valve is bad. Post back accordingly if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do get some water when it starts, about a quart , just covering the filter screen in the bottom.
I would think this maybe indicates the valve is o.k ??? I'm tending toward a float switch or water level indicator
defective or stuck. Or, they say there is a filter in the water valve, maybe that.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

If the fill is insufficient then the valve is bad or clogged as long as your supply pressure to it is fine. Cleaning the valve screen is almost impossible because of how it's made- just replace it.