Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE profile french door freezer refrigerator. The freezer

Customer Question

GE profile french door freezer refrigerator. The freezer will not stay cold.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you see if the compressor is running and the fan next to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure where compressor is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan I can hear but temp keeps going up

Ok if you pull the unit out you need to remove the lower back panel and it is right there...the large black roundish ball. See if it is COLD, WARM, HOT and vibrating and see if the fan by it is running and blowing air.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Super hot. Not vibrating.

Ok great can you unplug the unit? If so remove the small metal cover on the back of the unit above the compressor area. There is ac control board under there do you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Removed

Ok get a needlenose pliers and squeeze the for peg tabs so you can slide the board off to look at the backside of it. Inspect the backside solder joints right where that large black relay on the board is...do you see a burned discolored joint?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not seeing tabs

Watch this video

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Everything is clean!

OK the joints look really good on the backside of the board all by the large black relay? If so you either have a bad compressor relay on the compressor or the compressor could be bad...hopefully just the relay on the compressor here is a link to it. CLICK HERE

The relay just slides straight back and off on the side of the compressor. Those ones fail often and sounds like the issue!

We are on the honor system for our time all I ask is please rate my service before leaving using the star rating link on your page, this will allow you to get me directly in the future for FREE followup questions and tips are greatly appreciated thanks!