Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a 2010 Frigidaire model fprh17d7kf1. Looked online

Customer Question

hi I have a 2010 Frigidaire model fprh17d7kf1. Looked online and saw the first step was to replace the defroster mechanism. Order part and replaced did not fix the problem. The refrigerator will not stay running - if I move the control it will then turn on for no longer than 10 minutes and cool the refrigerator down. What to do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

hi , you said you replaced the defroster? was that the timer ?or defrost thermostat?is there any frost on the rear panel of the freezer section?when the fridge shuts off ?you said you touch the dcontrol dial and it starts again? correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it was the timer for the defrost thermostat. This is an all refrigerator unit. When I adjust the control inside the unit it will run for about 8-10 minutes then stop. During this time the refrigerator gets cold and will get down to about 55 degrees. It will not restart on its own without manual adjustment.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

unless there is a frost build up in the freezer you wouldnt need the defrost parts ..if the fridge just dies and no noise at all ? then the cold control would be faulty,if you have to touch the control to get it to manually come on ? then the cold control is faulty ..you would need to change the control

Temperature Control Thermostat

RepairClinic Item #(###) ###-####/p>

This part fits your Refrigerator

Temperature control

OEM Part - Manufacturer #5304492453

$109.35

Quantity:

In Stock

ADD T

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the part I replaced was: Frigidaire###-##-####Defrost Timer for Refrigerator. Sounds like the next step to replace is the control. Will try this next.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

definately try the cold control ,that seems like that is the problem ,good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last question - is there any type of repair manual I can view or read up on to replace the control? This is my first venture into appliance repair. Thanks!
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

there really isnt any manual available but the console comes down with only a few screws ..then the control is only held in with 2 screws..then just change the 2 wires over