Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When I use the oven I get a f11 errow code.I reset the oven

Customer Question

when I use the oven I get a f11 errow code.I reset the oven temp to 400 degrees, it will heat up to only 295 degrees no matter how long I keep it on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F11 just means that the oven isn't heating properly which you know since it only heats up to 295 no matter how long you keep the oven on for. Usuaully this means that you oven igniter is beginning to fail but you could have a bad oven sensor. If you have a multimeter you can test resistance through the oven sensor if you'd like to see if it's good. The sensor should have a reading of 1080 ohms at room temperature through it. If not, then replace it. If it checks good, then replace the bake igniter below the floor of the oven because it's beginning to fail (this is a common maintenance part).

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.