Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire stand up freezer is saying door ajar and light

Customer Question

My Frigidaire stand up freezer is saying door ajar and light is on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker somewhere on the interior wall or ceiling of the freezer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FFU17F5HWP
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So on on this model number, the door switch is rarely the issue but you can remove the door switch and if you have a multimeter you can check to see if it's making and breaking contact when you push on the switch. If the switch isn't he problem (as I suspect), that means that your display board itself is failing and giving you a false error. You can try to unplug the freezer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but other than that the display board would need to be replaced so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.