Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore elite washer will not drain properly. error

Customer Question

my kenmore elite washer will not drain properly. error warning 0E
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so this is a washer made by LG for Sears and sold under the Kenmore name. The first thing you need to do is open the lower front left access panel and access the drain catch. Drain all the water out manually and then unscrew the 3" diameter plastic hand twist drain cap. Unscrew the drain cap and check for any debris and try the washer again.

If you're sure the drain catch is clear and you didn't find anything, you'll want to remove the drain pump in order to see if something is jammed inside the drain pump itself. If not then blow through the drain hose and make sure it's clear and if it's clear replace the drain pump because it's starting to fail. To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.