Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We replaced our oven element but still no heat. broiler does

Customer Question

We replaced our oven element but still no heat. broiler does work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the bake element doesn't heat and the broil element does, only the element itself or the control board can be bad. You already replaced the element so unfortunately that means that the relay for the bake element on the display board has failed. Sometimes this fails on it's own, or sometimes if the old element shorts out it will take out the relay with it. Either way, the display board will need to be replaced to fix this issue since you can't just replace the bake relay on the display board separately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.