Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore elite fridge is freezing everything in the top

Customer Question

Hi, my kenmore elite fridge is freezing everything in the top inside compartment. I brought this used,so it has no warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If everything is freezing in the refrigerator, then your duct assembly isn't controlling the temperature properly. Against the back wall there is a white plastic tower vent directly in the middle coming from the bottom of the refrigerator section. This is your duct assembly which opens and closes a vent restricting the airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator section in order to regulate the temperature in the refrigerator. This duct assembly would need to be replaced so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for duct assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.