Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Maytag dryer DE8200 control knob does not turn the dryer

Customer Question

My Maytag dryer DE8200 control knob does not turn the dryer off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is the dryer heating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control knob that you set to the gold dot doesn't turn all of the time and the dryer won't turn off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dryer is heating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had changed the heating element and the thermostat on that element. The control knob sometimes works and shuts off the dryer. Now its not shutting off and the control knob isn't moving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok you have to replace the timer. You can remove the two inner phillips screws on the top edge of the console. The console will flip forward and you can get at the timer. You just have to slip the knob off the timer and unscrew the screws there and swap the wires over to replace it. Make sure it is unplugged of course and here is a link to the part...CLICK HERE

All I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page, you can then get back to me personally for FREE followup questions at anytime thanks!