Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool duet dryer wont start and makes 3 quick beeps

Customer Question

my whirlpool duet dryer wont start and makes 3 quick beeps when I press the start button
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon!

3 quick beeps is actually an error code and it explains your light burning out as well. 3 beeps means that your door switch has failed. Sometimes you can push the door switch in with your thumb and then slide it off to cause the button on the switch to fling back out. Do this 2 or 3 times and sometimes that will reset the switch. If that doesn't work, the door switch just needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.