Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile dishwasher PDW7880P00SS with a whirlaway

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile dishwasher PDW7880P00SS with a whirlaway disposer. both stopped working. Can they be repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like both issues are related since the disposal is jammed and the dishwasher likely drains into the disposal. If you look under the disposal there is a center hole on the bottom where you can stick an allen wrench. You'll need to stick your allen wrench up into the hole and twist hard to break the motor free if it's jammed. If you can rotate the allen wrench freely and the disposal won't turn on, you'll need to replace the disposal because the motor has failed inside.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.