Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a lever that is on the top of the freezer drawer when

Customer Question

I have a lever that is on the top of the freezer drawer when I look up I can see it. I think it controls the light but I am not sure and I think sometimes it gets stuck. Would that cause the freezer to go off at times
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, that switch (lever) at the top of your freezer is your door switch and that will definitely cause the freezer to go off at times if it's sticking so you'll want to replace it. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.