Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Model #5853*700 side by side Kenmore Refrigerator.

Customer Question

I have a Model #5853*700 side by side Kenmore Refrigerator. May ice maker makes ice but I am unable to dispense it because it freezes up in the freezer with frost and it is now hard to shut the freezer door unless I continually wipe it up with hot water. Do I need a repair or is there something simple to take care of this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is frosting over that bad this is often a seal issue. Make sure your door seals are sealing tightly all the way around on all doors. If you have any gap or they are left ajar that will happen. Sometimes the seals go bad and then do not seal against the frame tightly and need to be replaced, I would check that out first for this issue.

All I ask is please rate my service with the star rating link on your page..thanks!