Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE Dryer is almost 2 yrs. old. When you push the start

Customer Question

My GE Dryer is almost 2 yrs. old. When you push the start button, the dryer will start and as soon as you let go of the button, the dryer quits. Does the start button need replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that will cause your issue is the motor itself. The start winding is engaging but the centrifugal switch built into the motor isn't switching over to the run winding. This is not an issue with the start button, the motor itself will need to be replaced to fix this issue so below is a link to the part. Below is a link to the motor.

CLICK HERE for motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?