Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am having a problem with the door sensor reading as open

Customer Question

I am having a problem with the door sensor reading as open when the door is closed (light appears on as well). I get the intermittent beep, then a constant beep, then the light goes out and then back on. all of this happens again, the next time I open the door. There does not appear to be any problem with temperature in the fridge or freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You either have a faulty door switch or the electronic control board is acting up. If you unplug the refrigerator for an hour or so, does the light then work as it should?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet tried leaving it unplugged for a bit - I will try that. I do not know the model number for sure - the outside looks just like E522BRE5 that is currently available, but mine is about 7 years old, and does not have the large touchpad with all of the choices. I only have buttons to adjust the temperature up or down.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Try the power cycle and let me know what happens.