Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kitchen aid dish washer unit turns on does what it should do

Customer Question

Kitchen aid dish washer unit turns on does what it should do then sensing light goes out washer just keeps running never finshies
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There isn't anything on any Kitchen Aid dishwasher that will cause the dishwasher to run forever other than the control board inside the door itself in the upper right hand corner. Any other issue like a bad heating element or no water would stop the cycle and the clean light would start flashing indicating that the unit has detected an error. If you're not getting that and it just keeps running, your control board needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?