Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a side by side w/ bottom freezer. Model MFI 2569VEB2

Customer Question

I have a side by side w/ bottom freezer . Model MFI 2569VEB2 The control panel doesn't light up or work . If you push any of the buttons all the lights come on but don't stay on .
Is there a way to reset it or trouble shoot ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. Are the interior lights off as well as the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ---- Rerfigerator is working , lights work when door opened and same with freezer .Ice maker will start rumbling and working inside when you push and hold the ice button , but you can't switch to water . And when you push the button , or any button ,
all the lights on the panel come on and when you let go they all go out .

Okay. This is the display on the outside of the refrigerator door? The models that I am familiar with you need to touch the display to "wake it up" so you can see the settings. They stay on for a while before they go off. They do this for energy saving and I don't know any way to keep them on all the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I told you --- when you touch any button , they all go on !! When you let go they all go out !!

Oh, as soon as you let go. Sorry I didn't catch that. Let me see if we can get a different expert to help you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am a different tech, this is a very common issue on that unit, you have a bad main board behind the unit. You should replace it before the controls start acting worse and then it will not cool. Here is a link to the part and it is located behind the unit, behind the small cover panel on the back of the unit.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page...thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not the problem !!!!! We had I slight power outage the other day so I unplugged d the refrig and let set for a minute
and plugged it back in and it works fine !! So you were going to lead me to spend $225.00 for a control board Huh ?

You never stated anything about a power outage at all, I can not read minds and can only go off what you have stated. Further most customers already try to unplug the unit and plug them back as a first try...Understand I am not onsite and have limited information from you, you should have supplied all the details on the issue if you want the most accurate information. Sorry

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I know you got your refrigerator going again but I would highly recommend you install a surge protector on it to prevent future damage during electrical disturbances. Electronic controls are expensive, a surge protector is not! One is available below.

CLICK HERE