Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Panasonic CS-E15MKR Air Con and when it is on and

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic CS-E15MKR Air Con and when it is on and the patrol is turned on every now and then there is a blast of cold air. The unit is set at 23 deg. and my wife sits with a blanket around her because of this cold air. I have had the units running temperatures checked and it confirms the drop in temp output but I have been told this is typical of the PATROL and it will cause this blast of cold air. Is this normal and should PATROL or E ION not be used when the unit is running. Without PATROL/E ION on the temperature remains constant without this spike. Please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That is normal as the PATROL function monitors the quality of the air and will turn the E-ION generator when the air quality is seen as dirty by the control. You could adjust the air flow direction to alleviate direct flow from the unit when this happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,This does not explain why the temperature drops so much with cold blasts. At 23 deg. C (not F) the room should be comfortable in a shirtRussel