Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Bob, I have a GE washer that fills with water then stops.

Customer Question

Hello Bob, I have a GE washer that fills with water then stops. The last load I put in stopped during the spin cycle. It got kind of loud and when I checked on it the washer moved around a little bit. I put in the next load, it filled with water, then didn't do anything else. Thank you for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you remove the front panel to get at the motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok once off check the LED light on the board on top of the motor...what flash pattern is it blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any flashing lights anywhere.

ok that may be the issue, turn the unit on you should see a LED on top of the board off to the right blinking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned the washer on and removed the panel. I don't see any lights.

Ok yiou have to get down and look on top of the motor under the metal drip cap for the LED light.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still don't see any LED lights. Is there anyway you can reference where I'm supposed to be looking at? I don't see lights anywhere. My unit is plugged in.

Yes check out this link CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uploaded this video. I'm still unable to locate any LED lights. The link you sent me seems to have a different motor than mine. I even cut the lights off in the video so you can see there aren't LEDs that I can see. Are you able to tell me where I should be focusing on after watching the video? Thanks again.
https://youtu.be/nM9UvvGm5kE

OK thanks for the video that is an older model no board at all on the motor, that is solely controlled through the main board. If it does nothing at all no humming or anything replace the main board...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time all I ask is please rate my service thanks!