Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have the wsxh2081ww and the timer wont advance on its own.

Customer Question

I have the wsxh2081ww and the timer wont advance on its own. I tested the timer on another washer and it works just fine. when you start it it will fill and agitate and stop. if you turn the dial manually it will go to the next cycle and stop, and you can do this throughout the entire cleaning process but the timer wont advance itself. i'm stumped, please help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, on your unit the timer is actually powered through the Motor control board. Have you checked the wiring to the motor control board, you likely have a bad wire. Check the 6C and 6T wires to the speed controller from the timer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced speed control board and check wires, all looked good

There is a possibility that the reed switch is causing issue, have you replaced that it is part #12 at this link

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the wrong diagram my unit doesn't have a reed switch. unit it wsxh208h1ww

I am not sure what to tell you the timer is controlled by the MCU for advancement. So maybe you got a bad MCU or you have a wire harness issue.