Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Duet dryer GEW9250PW0, control panel does not light up,

Customer Question

duet dryer GEW9250PW0, control panel does not light up, light inside drum is lit. There is a faint red light what appears to be deep inside behind the "damp" lens. Prior to this happening my wife said the dryer sometimes seemed to get hotter than normal or not drying as well. I'm thinking it could be the thermal fuse/thermostat or possibly control board. the control panel stumps me, can you shed any more light on the matter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you need a new interface board for the unit, this is very common, what color is your unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the machine or the board

The control panel, is it Platinum, white or bisque...I can then get you the right control that you will need to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure, have not opened machine as yet

No just the color of the console..what color is the console on the unit?

I just need to know the color of the console where you turn the knob to set it the color of that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bisque

Ok here is a link to the part you need CLICK HERE

Replace that and you will be good to go!

All I ask is please rate my service now and that will allow you to get right back to me for FREE followup questions anytime on this issue!

If you need anything else let me know and please do not forget to rate my service thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I kept getting bumped from the site and could not get an answer. This comment has taken 3 attempts. This has been more trouble than it was worth. Cancel my subscription immediately

I am not sure the issue, I gave you that link at 1:21 this afternoon...here it is again for the part you need....CLICK HERE

If you can rate my service with the star rating system...that is for me not the issue with the site thanks.