Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a gas bosch cooktop( seperate from oven). This

Customer Question

I have a gas bosch cooktop( seperate from oven). This morning the ignition on one of the hobs just started firing and will not stop. I am selling my house and have a open tomorrow so need this fixed urgently. I had organised for one company to come but they have not turned up in the time they said 1230-2.30. When I rang at 2.30 the owner said they will be another hour. I then said to him that I would have appreciated a call as I have taken a annual leave day off he then said " now I wont come" he was very rude to me however I am now in a real quandry and urgently need a technician to fix it. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you have a burner switch stuck on one of the burners. If you need to shut off the power to the cooktop. Yo can then remove the knobs on each burner and if you have any WD-40 spray it on the shaft and switch of each one, turn the knobs on and off a couple times and then plug it back in and see if the sparking stops.

All I ask is please rate my service before leaving now as you can then get back to me directly for FREE followup questions.