Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a upright freezer that freezes water in the drain and

Customer Question

I have a upright freezer that freezes water in the drain and in the bottom of the freezer but when I defrost it water runs through the drain. The freezer seems to be level, is there anything I can do to fix the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This unit was built for Sears Kenmore from a company called WOODS out of Canada They manufacture freezers for whirlpool also .

this is a know issue they have a heat shield kit to stop the drain line hole from freezing over.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shield-Ht/4357284/577654?rcaid=1000070

The kit will come with instructions telling how to install the kit

If you have any questions just reply back.