Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a very old GE frig.It has compressor that looks like

Customer Question

I have a very old GE frig.It has compressor that looks like a round basket. I can not read a model number .It's rubbed off .I need a wire diagram . I had it running and cooling till I tried to rewire it. The wire insulation is so bad it comes apport
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what are you trying to rewire..without a model there is no way to get a wiring diagram for it. Have you checked under the unit behind the kickplate taped to the bottom for a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your teck.could not help my problem.I hope you don't charge my credit card .Thanks any way .Lester
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

It's old - but how old ? Does it have a "scotch yoke " compressor - this compressor has a U-shaped tube at its bottom that extends forward and the condenser rests on this tube , Does it also have a condenser fan next to the compressor ? Does the original relay push on the compressor terminals or is it someplace else ( the old hot wire style relay ) ?