Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a JGD8130 gas top. 3 of my burner control valves have

Customer Question

I have a JGD8130 gas cook top. 3 of my burner control valves have stopped turning. Are there any directions for how to replace these valves?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I wish there was. This model is not easy to change the valves on. They each have a small 1/4 screw coming in from the bottom that mounts them to the maniold. The problem is there is no room to move a box wrench or put a socket on the nut. You have to move the nut a little at a time..

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you