Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

During the wash the detergent pack is tossed out into the

Customer Question

During the wash the detergent pack is tossed out into the dishwasher. After the cycle the detergent is just laying un-dissolved in the dishwasher. Why is this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

When you get this issue, it means that either something is blocking the water path from the bottom wash arm up to the dispenser, or there just isn't any pressure coming out. I always advise to not load anything but small plates spaced out every other slot on the bottom front left quadrant or else the water will be blocked from getting to the dishwasher.

If you think you have a pressure issue, put an empty cup in the top rack and run a normal cycle. If after 10 minutes it fills, then your pressure is fine, if not you might have a bad circulation pump.

If pressure is good, there are only 2 options, either the dishes in the from left portion is blocking the water from getting to the dispenser, or your wash arms are clogged (bottom holes on the middle wash arm and top/end holes on the lower wash arm).

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?