Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher. It stopped working one day

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher. It stopped working one day and the clean button started blinking. I did a sear ch and decided to replace the control panel. We changed that out, ran the reboot sequence, but the dishwasher tried to run and then stopped. The next thing we did was change the water pump. Didnt help. Now Im not sure what to try next.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

The heater is actually bad and the cause of this issue and the first issue. The unit is stopping because it does not see a temperature rise. Check and replace the heater on it. I have sometimes seen the wires burn off at the heater as well.

All I ask is please rate my service before leaving that will allow you to come back to me directly for Free followup questions thanks!