Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator is not cooling in the

Customer Question

My Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator is not cooling in the freezer or the fridge side.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, ok the issue you have described along with the coils only being 12" of frost on the evaporator means the unit has a freon leak. The freon has leaked out of the unit and now only a small amount remains. This is an expensive repair to find the leak and repair it so you may actually want to think about a new one. Or you can add an access valve to the system and have it recharged, but that will only last as slow as the leak.

All I ask is please rate my service not the issue, thanks!