Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a GE PVM1790SR1SS and it will not turn on. while

Customer Question

Hi. I have a GE PVM1790SR1SS and it will not turn on. For a while prior to this, when we would be finished cooking something and shut the door, it would turn on again. It's GE Profile microwave/convection oven. Only about 2 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, two things cause this issue on these units. The main control board or a door switch. Check the door switches with a multimeter. If the switches all test good, the main board is shorted and will need to be replaced.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you