Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a set kitchen aid dishwasher drawers that i can't get

Customer Question

i have a set kitchen aid dishwasher drawers that i can't get to turn off
even if you open the drawers they are still running
i even flipped the brakes switch and they still won't go off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If both dish drawers constantly run even when the drawers are open, that means that the unit is in "flood mode". Kitchen Aid dish drawers are made by Fisher and Paykel so I'm going to link you a video but don't be confused by the Fisher and Paykel dishdrawer in the video---it's the same. This usually happens because something was stacked too high in one of the drawers when it was running and this caused the lid to not seal up when the drawer was shut. To correct the issue, pull the bottom drawer out. There are 2 square plastic push tabs on the right and left side of the drawer just behind the front panel. Pull the drawer forward and push in on these tabs. This will allow you to pull the drawer out a bit further so that you can get towels in the base pan behind the drawer.. Soak up all the water and leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours to let it dry out. Once it's dry, the error will not return. If the motors still constantly run or it does re-occur, then unfortunately you will need to replace the small filter board in the back left corner of the base pan under the plastic housing because that is what senses the water. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to remove the bottom drawer so that you can complete this repair.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?