Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Rob, I have two problems with my Bosch Logixx 8 washing

Customer Question

Hi Rob,
I have two problems with my Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine. Model is WAS32740AU/05 FD8707200118. First problem is the language has gone to Greek or Russian or something so can read anything and now the child lock is on and flashing and and I cannot get it off either by holding down the Start/Pause button or the Options < button for 5 seconds. Can you advise I think I need to get the child lock off before I can fix the language?
Thanks James
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This may not be good news, sorry

Can you tell me did both of these things happen at the same time?

Was there a power cut?

Try holding in the options button for 15 seconds and tell me if the lamp goes out

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
Yes I am still looking for a solution and your reply sound a bit ominous.
No the language changed a few weeks before and the flashing key (you are calling it a lamp?) which looks like the child lock happened last weekend. I am not aware of a power cut I don't think one occured to casue it as no other cloaks or anything were found flashing. I will try holding both the options buttons together for 15 seconds and see if that fixes it. I will let you know.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi James

My thought was that if both happened at the same time, this was going to be a bad board.

Has the lock now cleared?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
Went to try your fix and when I turned the machine on the lock symbol was no longer flashing so 5 seconds on both Options keys and it disappeared - Whooohoo. Sorry didn't get a chance to try your fix. Now all I need is to know how to get English back as I can't read I have no idea how to step through the menu or even how to do it - can you help here?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thats great news

Let me see if I can get the language bit for you

Rob

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Do you have the manual?

You will also need to work out what language is on the screen, maybe try using an online translator?

We need to know so we can select the correct menu

Rob