Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dear techs, I have a 7? year old slide in gas closed top

Customer Question

dear techs, I have a 7? year old slide in gas closed top range.I turn it on ,then in awhile the preheat light comes on and i start cooking.within a few minutes the pre heat light goes off and the oven gas stops heating.Any ideas? where would the model # *****?Do you have any idea how to help me?thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that would cause the preheating light to go of is if you press the cancel button or the logic in the board is corrupt. Try to unplug the range for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, then that entire clock control board would need to be replaced to fix the issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?