Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have JennAir double ovens and they will not turn on. My

Customer Question

We have JennAir double ovens and they will not turn on. My husband has replaced the control panel and the other panel in the back of the top oven and they still don't work. What else can we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, has he checked the incoming power supply at the terminal block to the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power. The control panel lights up, it makes a clicking noise, we're able to set the temp and the temp shows on the control panel but then it shuts off immediately and the control panel is blank except for the time display. It will not preheat or heat. It shuts off immediately after we turn it on and set the temp.The fan is working by the way.

Ok can your husband remove the wires from the Bake and Broil terminals on the control and try it and see if it shuts down right away again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're looking for the terminals. Are they on the front panel or the back one?

They should be on the backside of the main control board...should be marked BK and BR

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Looking.

OK no problem just let me know I will be here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He pulled the BA and BK and it did the same thing.

OK where did you get the control board from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the front panel is from W. L. Way Company Inc. and the back one came from Parts Select.

There is something wrong with the main control not the front panel, what was the original issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same issue we have now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We purchased the back panel first thinking that was the problem but when that didn't work, we replaced the front panel thinking that may be it.

What exactly happens when you set it to bake and press start...please be specific thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We press bake then set the temp and within 10 seconds (to be exact) it shuts off.

The whole unit or does it revert just back to the clock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well yeah, the whole unit shuts off and stops heating and reverts back to the clock. If my husband continues to turn it back on over and over again, the oven heats for the 10 seconds it's on each time but just can't bake anything like that. :-)

You are getting a signal back to the board through ground more than likely. You may have a wire rubbed through and touching the frame. ALso based on that model, when did you get a new control board as I am showing nothing available for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We purchased the back one a few months ago and the front one we purchased this week. It arrived today. Parts Select didn't have the front panel. That's why were ordered it from W. L. Way Company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time.

OK no problem, Can your husband double check the grounding on the unit, does he have a 4 wire plug to it and does the unit have an equipment ground attached to the frame?