Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE microwave model JE1860SB001 - yes, our

Customer Question

Hi - I have a GE microwave model JE1860SB001 - yes, our babysitter turned it on without anything in it and now it's dead...I don't know how to trouble shoot the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

When the microwave is ran without anything inside, the cavity thermostat at the top of the microwave cavity overheats and cuts power to the microwave. Unfortunately the entire outer shell of the microwave must be removed to access this part for replacement. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace and again it's mounted over top of the microwave cavity. Also, some of the screws holding the outer shell onto the frame of the microwave will require a size T-20 Safety Torx Bit to remove them.

CLICK HERE for cavity fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?