Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Infraed light flashed twice then stays on. If filled

Customer Question

Infraed light flashed twice then stays on. If filled manually ice maker makes ice. Water fill tube is not frozen at black rubber tip. Why doesn't the water flow into the reservoir and make ice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the fill tube is definitely not frozen and the icemaker is cycling, the icemaker is calling for water because the icemaker calls for water at the end of the cycling period. Unfortunately that means that your electronic water valve has failed and the valve itself will need to be replaced. The part usually costs about $50-100 depending on the exact model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I replace the electronic water valve. Where is it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I couldn't say for sure without a model number. But if you follow the water line from the icemaker down to the valve you can usually locate it down behind the refrigerator at the bottom by the compressor.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?