Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the JEM31SF001 GE Profile Spacemaker II Sensor

Customer Question

I have the JEM31SF001 GE Profile Spacemaker II Sensor Microwave. The white "paint" on the inside top center of oven is a bit bubbled and is coming off easily in chips when wiped down. Is it safe that the white "paint" is off? Is there something to do about it?? The micro is built into custom cabinetry- if I will need to replace it, do you know what model would fit? Thank you in advance for your advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You won't want to continue using the microwave until you fix that area where the paint is coming off. That paint is a special cavity paint which reflects microwaves so without it, the microwaves can start to spark or short out to the area where the paint is missing. Scrap off as much of the paint area as you can and then repaint the area. Below is a link to the microwave cavity paint you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for microwave cavity paint

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?