Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE dryer model DBVH520EJ2WW, Last month installed new alum

Customer Question

GE dryer model DBVH520EJ2WW, Last month installed new alum flex pipe, took dryer apart and clean every little crevice that I could find. Clothes dry as it should but when the dryer is empty and door closed, condensation show on glass door and inside is also damp. We close the door as that is the only way to turn out the light with out removing the bulb. How can I correct this dampness. I also run a dehumidifier 24/7 with the setting of 55% humidity. The dehumidifier is located in the same room and about 10 ft from the dryer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

IS the vent hooked up to any other vent or is on its own?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other bent

OK the only way condensation can form like that is if the outside air wherever the vent pipe terminates to it is really cold or really humid. That would blow air back through the vent into the machine causing that problem especially if you do not have a good flapper system on the outside vent. The only other thing would be if the basement is extremely cold then the warmer air from the outside would enter the machine through the vent and also cause that issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

No problem all I ask is please rate my service and you can come back anytime for followup questions for Free that is the only way I am credited through the site for my time thanks again!