Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

My Miele G2430 does not take in water and gives me an F12. I

Customer Question

My Miele G2430 does not take in water and gives me an F12. I cannot find any dirt or clogged valves in the drain. On the water intake there is a small white box that seems to be powered in some way. It whirrs when the machine is on and stops when I unplug the appliance. Could this be where the problem lies. I have had some other work done on the plumbing in the house and there could be some dirt in the system. Should I turn the stopvalve off and open the box?
Thomas, menlo Park, CA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

If there is good water pressure going inside the house then you need to replace the inlet valve as it is faulty.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could there not simply be some dirt in the inlet? What is that white box doing? Can I disconnect the inlet cable and clean it out?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Yes there could be debris in the inlet. The box is the control box and has nothing to do with that fault code. Yes disconnect the inlet cable and clean it if it does no good replace the valve.

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate me a 5 so I get credit for helping you, thanks!