Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have purchased a new GE washer model number GLWN2800D2WS.

Customer Question

I have purchased a new GE washer model number GLWN2800D2WS. when washing clothes, the tub makes a terrible noise, like metal against metal. the washer is level according. I have put a level on the machine and it says that the machine is level. in only makes the noise while washing. the spinning is no problem and if it was not level the spinning would be noisy also. what would your opinion be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

The belt or pulley may have come loose causing this issue, you need to remove the front panel and check the belt and lower pulley and see. You need to get a putty knife and find the two tabs about 5" in from each side between the top of the unit and front panel. Slide the putty knife under each tab and pull the front panel towards the front and it will release it so you can lift it off and see what is going on.

All I ask is please rate my service before leaving and tips are appreciated..you can then come back for followup questions anytime at no extra charge thanks