Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a Dyson DC65 that just does not work properly on some

Customer Question

I have a Dyson DC65 that just does not work properly on some carpets. I've used the vacuum on vinyl floors and thick carpets with no problems at all. Hard to describe the carpet I mean. Probably years old and maybe with no underlay? The vacuum seems to grip the carpet and I find it extremely hard to push. The middle wheel in the baseplate leaves a long mark in the carpet. I thought the baseplate was designed to accommodate all types of floors but it just doesn't seem to work on the one I have? When I use it on this particular carpet it feels like the suction is too great and the vacuum head just clings to the carpet! Is there any way I can lessen the suction power or is there another less powerful head/ baseplate I can purchase? Regards.......Moira
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me, is the carpet that causes the problem, light weight? Is it possibly a foam backed carpet?

Thanks

Rob