Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My maytag washer model MVWX700XL2 won't let water in cycle.

Customer Question

my maytag washer model MVWX700XL2 won't let water in cycle. I've removed hoses, replaced filters and checked water pressure in hoses (which was great) but I only get a small dribble of water if any at all
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. I can think of two possibilities. First are flood stop hoses or the screens in the water valve where the hoses are attached. Are you on a well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are on a water well. However I've already replaced the screens where the hoses are attached. I even tried running hoses alone and they have great water flow/pressure. I attach to washer and nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I manually add water to washer in both the wash cycle and rinse cycle the washer moves through all the cycles including drain and spin.

The plastic part that the hoses attach to on the washer is the water valve. The screens are in this part. There is nothing else that could be wrong other than the valves if you have good water pressure up to the valves and you hear them hum as they try to open. Here is a link to the part.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dispenser-Housing/W10601447/3015382

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand what your saying. However, that is also exactly what I was saying I had replaced :( guess I'll just have to buy a new washer as I feel I've tried it all. Was really hoping I had missed something.

Don't give up yet. Do you hear the valves hum when it tries to fill? Maybe there is no power to the valves.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At some points it even dribbles water just a tiny bit just not enough for the tub to ever fill up to where the washer sensors pick up on enough water to move through the cycle

Based on what I see on the techsheet it could be the control or something else in the washer like the shifter that is causing thee control not to allow fill. How far do you want to go with this? The control would be expensive if that is the problem.