Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have an older hotpoint side-by-side. The nightlight on the

Customer Question

Hi Don. I have an older hotpoint side-by-side. The nightlight on the ice maker burned out, so I replaced it. But when I turned the light switch back on (with he new bulb installed), the light didn't come on but it started making a loud buzzing and clanking noise. It has something to do with the ice flap accuator. Without the bulb in, it doesn't make the noise. The freezer door closure switch is working properly. I'm something screwy is going on inside that assy in th door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will assist you this evening. Sorry for your wait on a expert, I just came on line and saw your question. First off I am going to need the model number of your fridge so that I can properly assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind - in the meantime I pulled the cover and just removed the light assy. I think it's deceptive the way this site says someone is online, get's my money, and then no one really is.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry you had a bad experience. There are usually at least a few experts on line at any given time, but personally this is only a part time deal for me. I can t stay on line 24 hours a day. Once again sorry for your trouble.