Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

We have a gas cooktop (built-in) since app. 2006-2007

Customer Question

We have a gas cooktop (built-in) since app. 2006-2007 purchased in the USA and still working very well to our satisfaction when I moved overseas.
Recently a small (1 X 2 mm.) window just below the row of knobs started flashing the symbol E 1, which never happened before.
Is this a danger warning and for what?
How can this be turned of?
The local de Deitrich Importer suggested we look-up the manual pertaining to that years models, but could not find any old manuals. on line.
Senor Bernardo
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

We will need to get the model number first. If this is set into a worktop, look onto the base of the unit, by looking from the cupboard underneath. You should see a label with the model number

Thanks

Rob