Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Code E01 F09 I replaced the pump Ive checked the hose no

Customer Question

code E01 F09 I replaced the pump Ive checked the hose no kinks no stopped up line. still throwing the same codes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. I need to ask several questions. Can you get to the end of the drain hose? How does it connect into the house drain? Can you tell how fast it drains and does it drain completely?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the machine has always drained properly. I did disconnect the hose from the machine ands blew it out. there was no obstruction. it is connected to the house drain properly with no kinks and only about three to four inches in the home drain

This could be that the pressure switch is not reseting down to empty. If you can take off the washer top the pressure switch is on the top right side. It has a small air hose attached. Pull off the hose and blow down through in case there is a clog. Then if it is still the same you can smack the pressure switch with a screwdriver handle to jar the contacts. If this works you should then replace the pressure switch. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried that no luck

That is bad news because there is no way to know if it is the pressure switch not resetting or the control not able to tell it is reset. The pressure switch is much cheaper so that is where to start. This assumes all the drain system is clear and correct and since it worked before it should be okay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ill get a new pressure switch and try that will let you know if it works

Okay. Sounds good.