Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Amana tx18vw refrigerator...not sufficient cooling to

Customer Question

Amana tx18vw refrigerator...not sufficient cooling to maintain freezer temperature. Appears to run continually. Fans work. Air movement is sufficient. Can turn 'defrost regulator" manually to turn off fans. Uncertain if condenser is running...slight vibration when I touch it. Does not seem hot. The air flow is cool but not cold.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, based on your good description of the issue you likely have a sealed system issue. Remove the panel in the freezer and check the frost pattern in the evaporator, if only part of it is frost and the rest is bare aluminum then you have a leak in the sealed system. At that point you should start looking for a new unit due to the cost of repair.

All I ask is please rate my service before leaving and tips are appreciated..you can then come back for followup questions anytime at no extra charge thanks