Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have Whirlpool front load washer that is showing F2 code.

Customer Question

What does this mean & what repair parts are needed to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F2 means that your washer is not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have put on new pump with new drain catch. The machine still continues to show F2 code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have also replaced water level pressure switch. F2 continues to show.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then that leaves only the main control board. It's mounted up above the tub below the top panel and the part number is(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will try the control board and see what happens. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok good luck. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?