Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a GE profile refrigerator. Set temp in both freezer and

Customer Question

Have a GE profile refrigerator. Set temp in both freezer and refer. Hit "colder" for freezer and goes directly to zero. wait 3 seconds and it goes up to 31. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The display is reverting back to 31 degrees because that is the ACTUAL temperature even though the set temp is 0 degrees. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are the packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?