Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a new LG gas dryer with the pedestal that will not

Customer Question

We have a new LG gas dryer with the pedestal that will not dry - have been told that we have a restricted air flow. We blew out ducts change hoses from flex to something less flexible to a periscope type connector.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello, try to remove the vent form the unit and dry one load, if it does not dry then you have a bigger issue with the unit, if it does then you have a venting issue. Try and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works when disconnected.

OK then you have a venting issue, either the vent is blocked, kinked or too small. You need a 4" vent to the outside. You can not use the periscope style vent with the LG units, it restricts too much airflow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But will a hose work with the height difference from dryer to wall (about 6 inches) Or do they need to be at the same height?

No the height does not matter you just need it to be 4" all the way wherever it is going out of the house, and make sure the outside vent hood does not have a screen on it either as that will cause issues.

All I ask is please rate my service before leaving and tips are appreciated..you can then come back for followup questions anytime at no extra charge thanks